 Off-Topic / Fun / 9845
9844  |  9846
Subject:
More wisdom from The Onion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:05:15 GMT

http://www.theonion.com/

Georgia School Board Bans 'Theory Of Math'
COGDELL, GA—The Cogdell School Board banned the teaching of the
controversial "Theory Of Math" in its schools Monday. "We are simply not
confident of this mysterious process by which numbers turn, as if by magic,
into other numbers," board member Gus Reese said. "Those mathematicians are
free to believe 3 times 4 equals 12, but that dun [sic] give them the right
to force it on our children." Under the new ruling, all math textbooks will
carry a disclaimer noting that math is only one of many valid theories of
number-manipulation.

     Dave!