 Off-Topic / Fun / 9810
Re: Pictures from Edinboro, PA train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:26:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Tracey writes:

Yeah, I lived in picksburg fer five years n'at. Mostly in Squorl h'l,
but I did venture dahntahn every one snawall.

  Ever go dahna sahside?

I take it yinz are from
da burgh as woll?

What a wierd place...

  For good or ill, I'm an import.  My wife's from the region but has
mercifully dodged the accent.  The most amazing thing to me is that locals
still talk about the immaculate reception like it happened this morning.
And why they cling to the illusion that they're still a steel mega-giant, I
have no idea.

     Dave!

Pittsburgh--eagerly anticipating 1975.