 Off-Topic / Fun / 9800
Re: The first smiley?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 04:38:21 GMT

In article <H2ztLr.GJz@lugnet.com>,
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote:

Possibly apocryphal, possibly not really the first but an interesting story
of computer archeaology nontheless:

http://research.microsoft.com/~mbj/Smiley/Smiley.html

I was reading something the other day about how the first smiley being
used in an advertisement as long ago as the 60s.

I'll see if I can find it.

--
~Grand Admiral Muffin Head