 Off-Topic / Fun / 9605
Re: Disney Vacation Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 06:20:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Rob Doucette writes:

That might have been my van (white/blue Mercury Villager) with a DVC plate
in front and red/white/blue mouse ears on the antenna.

Yep.  :)

We've been members since 1999.  Our home property is the BoardWalk Villas
but we usually stay at Old Key West.  I've never had a bad experience there.
Because we go every spring there is no pressure to see it all, we usually
only hit the parks 2 days during the week.  The rest of the time we pool hop
at the resorts (membership privilege) and see the other sites.  Also, you
can buy 5 day Park Hopper passes to maximize flexibility; unused days never
expire.

Do you have any specific questions?

Here's some stream of conscious questions in no particular order (it's late
here):

What led up to you decision to join?  I think the initial cost/yearly dues is a
little steep & the 40 year time limit has put us off a little.  However, we
figure like any other time-share, you'll have the similar expenses.  And we
figure if we still enjoy going to Disney after 30 years, we're doing good.
What sealed the deal for your family to join DVC?

Do you use the Disney Travel Company to book anything outside the DVC (ie.
airline tickets, vacations outside of Disney, etc.)?  Or do you use DTC just
for room reservations?  If you don't mind me asking, (a) how far away from a
Disney park are you, and (b) which one do you more attend often?  (We've been
to Florida this year & plan to go out to California again later this year --
trying to decide which one we like best).

Do you feel like you have enough points?  Do you plan to buy more in the
future?  How many (on average) do you end up using?

Do you use DVC with exended family (ie. the in-laws or friends)?  If so, how
well does the accomodations work out?

Any other thoughts or comments would be helpful.  So far, we've heard good
things, so we're thinking about doing it and most likely will, but we'd like to
hear a few more testimonies.  :)

Thanks for you response!
--Mike.