 Off-Topic / Fun / 9396
Re: Star Wars Questions....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 17:14:51 GMT

I'll feild these questions and the regulars of this newgroup can correct me
if I'm wrong.  Warning SPOILER INFO>>>

First, Padme Amadala is a senator now?  Why is she still not Queen?  Did I miss
something in Episode I?

Padme was an elected Queen and had a two term limit.  Her next position was
as senator appointed by the new queen.

Second, the Slave I ship.  Last year LEGO released 7144 Slave I, right?  That's
Boba Fett's (Jango's son?) ship.  This year, they released 7153 Slave I.  Is
this supposed to be the same ship?  If not, why are they named the
same...shouldn't Boba's be Slave II?  Or, if they are the same...did LEGo just
update the design?  Do they look the same in the movies?

Chances are, TLC didn't know there was going to be a reappearance of the
Slave I.  If you go to the SW official website and click on the vehicles
extended universe, you'll get a good explanation.  But I agree, the first
one they put out was pretty shabby.

Third, is the head senator the same person who turns out to be the emporer in
the later (earlier) three movies?

We're not really supposed to be able to figure this out yet.  But yes,
Chancellor Palpatine and Darth Sidious are one in the same which answers
your next question...

Fourth, do the clones fight for the Republic?  Who asked they be made?  Why?
They seem to fight for the republic in this movie...does that change?

The clones were ordered by a long dead Jedi council member.  We later come
to find that he (Count Dooku) is not dead at all but is fighting for the
opposition.  So the question is, why would Dooku make an army 'for' the
republic as well as an army to fight 'against' the republic?  Because he is
working for Darth Sidious and DS wants to create a war so that he can create
a large army and do what the old romans did, become emperor by force.

I saw Episode I...but can't really remember much about it...what happened in
Ep. I that effects events in Ep. II and the over three movies....can't think of
anything off hand....

Any answers that you can provide would be most enlightening.  Thanks.

If anyone disagrees, let me know...

Felix
Thomas Main
thomasmain@hotmail.com