 Off-Topic / Fun / 9339
Re: rtl12 Game Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 23:50:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Speaking of Cyclones, I'm annoyed because I missed a chance to ride THE • Cyclone.

I was in NYC today, arranged matters to swing by Astroland on Coney Island
and Cyclone was closed! It only runs on weekends till 1 June. So much for
adding a must have ride to my ride list. Sigh. I still have never ridden it.
It's not that it is such a great ride necessarily, but it's the
historicality of it all.

Nope, its a great ride.  Probably the best twister woodie in the world.  The
best airtime is the Phoenix at Knoebels in PA - incredible airtime - your butt
is never in the seat.  But I digress....

Let me put it this way, my nephew, the mechnical engineer, rides everything.
He has no fear.  He lives near Cleveland so CedarPoint, Six Flags Ohio (or
whatever they're calling it this year), Kennywood and KingsIsland are a short
trip, so he's close to over 30 coasters.  The Cyclone scared the crap out of
him.  He calls it the Coaster from Hell.  Poor guy, never experienced being
slammed from one side of the seat to the other that violently before while
ducking headchoppers.  It has THE best first hill on a woodie, period.  And on
a cool evening, the sucker flies.  But NEVER seat in the back seat unless you
have already booked an appointment with your chiropractor - it can be downright
painful.

Astroland is weird, it's this tiny little thing between Surf Ave and the
ocean and on the other side of Surf Ave are all these second hand shops and
weird stores.

How was it wierd?  Was it not what you expected? Did you not expect it to be
semi-sleazy in appearance?  Weird Stores?