 Off-Topic / Fun / 9128
Re: Ferreting out the Libertarian stance on the issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:33:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Maggie Cambron writes:
While going over my voter election guide for today's California primary
election I came across the personal statement of Pat Wright, the LP candidate
for Lt. Governor:

"My message to the people of California is, 'Don't take your freedoms for
granted!'  For the past ten years I have been working to legalize the domestic
ferret in California.  During this process I have seen how politics works in
California.  And it only works for those who have political power.

... and he wants it!

Domestic
ferrets are legal in 48 states.  Our state constitution recognizes our right to
own domestic animals.  Yet our state government has blocked efforts for this
very simple matter.  Our freedom does not come from the government; it is our
birthright.  Elect people who understand that."

All that, and he made no mention of Waco?

He can be contacted through www.ferretsanon.com where you can also see his pet
ferret Webster.

I hope the picture was taken outside the state of California?

I read at the weekend that in some places in Canada it is OK to own a cat,
but if you let it outside - you are breaking the law. I suppose it is
because they tend to kill all sorts on small animals. I expect the same is
true of ferrets... and they smell too!

Scott A

=+=
Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=scotta

"A reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable
man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." (GBS)
=+=

Maggie C. (off to do my civic duty)