 Off-Topic / Fun / 8902
    Strange Koala News —Lindsay Frederick Braun
    I was digging around on CNN today, and found an interesting story about San Francisco's "late" koala (died at 19, apparently the oldest known?) (URL) But the part that caught my eye was this: "Zoo officials said that according to the International (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Strange Koala News —Matthew Gerber
     (...) It sits on the shelf right next to the listings of all the bathrooms in the country. Gotta' say this for our Oz friends...their publishing industry doesn't shy away from much! Matt (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

         Re: Strange Koala News —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) Don't forget the kangaroo scrotum product catalogue! :D But "International Koala Stud Book" implies that it's updated *and* that it's not restricted to Australians. I wonder--could I make a mint with International Koala Stud trading cards? (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Strange Koala News —Ross Crawford
   (...) You'll probably find there's an "international stud book" of some kind for any species being bred for / by zoos, etc, to ensure good bloodlines in the captive population. ROSCO (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)