 Off-Topic / Fun / 879
Re: Frog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 00:56:55 GMT

Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:
On Sun, 14 Feb 1999 16:20:49 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

Might as well go with the Abit BX6 rev 2 now.  It has 4 DIMM sockets
and supports higher clock multipliers.  And you won't really

But how stable is it? :-)

Seems as stable as my BH6.  Don't know why it would be any less
stable.

In another month I'll have 3 oc'ed 300a's.  Two will be running in
BX6-2's, one in a BH6.

outperform a real P2-450, but you will come close to matching it.
I'd say in some things I outperform my P2-400.

Hmm.. I believe the difference was... 1-2% at most. Of course, games
traditionally do better on celerons than Office apps, because of the
lack of cache. I'm not sure how that balance has shifted with the
albeit smaller, higher speed cache of the Mendocino core...

It's hard for me to tell the difference in games because in my Celeron
450 at home I have SLI Voodoo2's whereas at work in my P2-400 I only
have one Voodoo2 card.  Dunno how much difference the extra card is
making other than letting me run at 1024 vs 800x600.

As for Office apps, I'd be hard pressed to notice much of a difference
between 300 and 450, and I bet other people would be too unless
they're running a benchmark program that tells them one is faster than
the other.  Maybe if I had a 10 meg spreadsheet I needed to run
calculations on or something, but in average, day-to-day stuff, nah...

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET