 Off-Topic / Fun / 8720
8719  |  8721
Subject:
An Interesting Idea Involving Video Game Console Memory Card Labels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 09:57:34 GMT

This might seem like a strange area to post this message, but this was the
only Off-Topic area that seemed appropriate.  In any case, I have an idea
and was looking for opinions as to whether or not it would be successful.
When one buys memory cards for say, Nintendo Gamecube or Sony Playstation,
these cards only come with two labels.  Now if the contents of these cards
are constantly changing, or the labels get damaged, lost, or you accidently
screw up the label trying to write on it, to my knowledge there is no way to
get replacement labels except to buy another memory card, but then you have
to use one label for each card, leaving no extra labels for if you need
them.  I have found a way to produce these labels through a little
inventiveness and would be able to sell them in packs of twenty precut
labels that aside from lacking the insignia of the company the memory card
is for, such as Nintendo, and having a few artistic changes, largely
resemble what you might consider professionally created labels.  I would
sell these "packs" of twenty labels for a small price per set, plus shipping
if I got this off the ground and could ship them to other states, for the
Gamecube, Playstation, Nintendo 64, and the X-Box systems.  I was wondering
if this idea was feasible and would like opinions please.  Thanks.