 Off-Topic / Fun / 8718
  Re: LoTR # 1 on IMDB, Beowulf on NYTimes bestseller list

(...) I wonder if you're referring to the recent Seamus Heaney translation, the one that features a chainmail hood in embossed silver on a black hardcover. I haven't read much of that version, but it's stirred up a little controversy among the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LoTR # 1 on IMDB, Beowulf on NYTimes bestseller list

Yes, it is the Seamus Heaney translation of Beowulf. I started reading it in the airport. In the foreword he makes clear his intentions to use old words current only among his Irish relatives, and English words clearly inherited from Irish, such as (...) (23 years ago, 25-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)