 Off-Topic / Fun / 8663
    Re: Lord of the Rings movie —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) Despite it being a "trilogy" Tolkien wrote it as one long book and this has always been the chief hurdle in turning it into a movie. But there was no audible sound of disappointment at the showing I saw (or audible snickers in the wrong (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Lord of the Rings movie —Erik Olson
   (...) I'm picking on that scene because I just read some of The Two Towers, where Gimli quickly become Galadriel's staunchest defender. And of course it's crucial to the theme of uniting the races despite their old grudges, which the films do try to (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)