 Off-Topic / Fun / 8550
Re: Grow up.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 01:57:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jude Beaudin writes:
Not since Alanis wrote a song about it. :-)

I object!! Jude, I've known you to be very ironic and I've only met you in
'99 (maybe even 2000). And Alanis' song was published in '96.

-Shiri
"...it's like raaaaayyyyyaaaaiin..."

  Rain on your wedding day isn't ironic, it just sucks.  In fact,
  very little of that song is actually *about* ironic things.

Does it really matter?  It's still a great song.  And a ground-breaking album.

  That's why I generally hate Alanis, and feel that Canadians
  should hang their heads in shame over her (and Jim Carrey, while
  we're at it).

Egad!  Are you insane?  I do hope you're kidding.  Here are two examples of
Canadians who weren't afraid to be successful and remind us of just what's
possible.  You're kidding on this one, right?

Regards,
Allan B.