 Off-Topic / Fun / 8301
Re: More voting( Re: More Shamelessly Insisting I Get What I Want
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:51:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Frankly, "jump the shark" has jumped the shark for me.

  My exposure to that phenomenon has been very limited, but I can see how it
might become quickly annoying.  But you know what I really can't stand?  All
those allusions to "famous for 15 minutes."  Warhol would've loved the
mindless extent to which people are willing to overuse that throwaway
expression.

But ya, Sesame Street is a big fat pinko conspiracy, I never let my kids
watch it.

  I don't watch it quite as much as I did about 27 years ago, but it
definitely seems to have lost some of its original charm.  A "lack of
Henson," someone here once termed it...

This conversation is terminated.

It ain't over till it's over.

  That's not Sesame Street--it's Hanna Barbera.

     Dave!