 Off-Topic / Fun / 7926
7925  |  7927
Subject:
Local childcare getting in on the Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 11:23:53 GMT

I stood there the other day at my son's childcare and the weirdest feeling
came over me as I stared at a mosaic of children and different activities.
The one my eyes automatically glued on was two young boys playing/building
with Lego.  A little further down and on another poster/mosaic was more of
these pictures of children with Lego in some shape or form.

I have no idea why I felt so weird until I remembered my son (who recently
turned 2) grabbing a catalog from the room some weeks ago and grabbing a
piece of Lego and showing me the picture of the two boys and becoming excited.

I thought a ha cool, he loves Lego!  Good stuff!  But after looking at the
picture on the wall, I noticed that it was the same picture he was going
crazy over.  When I went to the room to pick him up, I took him back to the
room to show him the picture on the wall.  He looked at me with the biggest
smile.  I guess he was trying to show me that he had seen this picture before!

Another time he went into the bigger kids room (as they do later in the
afternoon waiting for their parents).  He ran over to the corner where there
was a large box and picked up a container which I noticed it said 'Lego'
written on the lid, he showed me and said "gooo", "gggooo" LOL!

I asked the lady in charge of the room how he knows what's in the container,
she said they just arrived a few days before and that his room doesn't play
with the Lego in those containers, so I guess he assumed it was Lego from
the sound of it shaking (as he does with the stuff at home) - unless he can
read haha.

It's amazing how much our kids of all ages know and understand (even when
they can't talk totally yet either), by sound and sight!  I guess in some
cases they never forget!  But I think he will grow up to be a real Lego freak :)

Mel and Anders