 Off-Topic / Fun / 7304
Re: More on Scooby-Doo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 13:57:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Greg Perry writes:
In lugnet.trains, Dave Schuler writes:
I mean, does anyone have a favorite Scooby-Doo episode?  "Yeah, I like that • one with the ghost that turns out to be a guy in a mask."
At the same time, there aren't a lot of cartoons that featured Jonathan
Winters, Don Knotts, and Sandy Duncan...

Right on! I love the series of Scooby-Doo episodes with the celebrity guest
stars.  In addition to the greats mentioned above (especially Winters and
Knotts) I also have a memory of really digging the Phyllis Diller
appearance. Also liked Sonny & Cher and Batman & Robin.

Dick VanDyke at the carnival! Can't forget that one.

I think it was shortly after this series that Scooby-Doo started the long
steep slide downward by introducing Scooby's various relatives -
Scrappy-Doo, Doofus-Doo, Poopy-Doo etc.

There's a website dedicated to pinpointing when shows start their downward
slide, http://www.jumptheshark.com/. The title "jumptheshark" refers to Happy
Days going downhill after The Fonz jumped the shark, remember that one??

Julie