 Off-Topic / Fun / 7102
Re: The MISB sets on eBay from Italy!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 01:09:50 GMT

Bryan Wong wrote:

In lugnet.market.theory, Gary Istok writes:
Also, being able to speak fluent German, I was able to ask owners if they had >any real old LEGO.  And also knew to ask if they had any ERSATZTEILE (spare >parts), usually from an old wooden dealer box.

Hmm - I'll make a note of learning German and Italian this summer then...  :)

German could serve you well on eBay also (of course I mentioned to one
of the German eBay sellers who had his whole page in English, with US
dollar bids, and was quite prepared for international shipping and all
that he really should set up his listings so they show up in US
searches, all the while being happy about a nice little bargain [or not
so little - I got 57 castle wall pieces, including a set of 3 Guarded
Inn printed red castle walls for about $100]).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com