 Off-Topic / Fun / 6927 (-5)
  Re: Stuff (Was: some other stuff)

(...) What I had meant to say was that Rolls-Royce is the plural of Rolls-Royce (as opposed to Rolls-Royces). I can't recall where I heard/read this (probably from some snooty old guy like Edith Sedgwick's grandfather-- the one who would be (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Stuff (Was: some other stuff)

(...) You raise an interesting etymological point--who determines the "proper" pluralization? We're all well aware of the LEGO/Legos issue; while a manufacturer may wish a certain plural form to be used, what happens if no one uses it (or if enough (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Stuff (Was: some other stuff)

(...) The point is to explain the acronym the first time you use it, then just re-use the acronym where it needs to be repeated. It's actually required by the guidelines for government writing in the UK (or was that an Official Secret? Damn, I can (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Good news for collectors (was Re: 1593 box photos!)

(...) (URL) to the bottom of the page.) Maggie C. (trying to decide whether to 'fess up about my harrowing caffeine addiction) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Music while building

To All, (...) Yes, that is correct. I am sure my collection will grow into another one, but hopefully not three! : ) (...) Indeed. Unless of course, you accidently put a LEGO box on top of the keyboard and forgot to unplug it. I have a variety of (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact