 Off-Topic / Fun / 6664
Re: Moon Landing Hoax
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:09:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Sanburn writes:
Why is this in fun? Please take it to off.topic.debate • where
it belongs.

Probably because some people think that a program about
the moon landing
being a hoax is funny, and not fodder for serious debate.
I've certainly
been under the impression that the messages in this
thread have been ranging
from tongue-in-cheek to distinctly mocking (fun mocking,
not nasty mocking).

This message has been nothing more than the Fox News Channel
bashing, that is why, hence debate.

Like James said my post was meant as Fun Mocking not nasty mocking.  It wasn't
meant as bashing at all.  Fox is what it is and I was making Fun of it.  If you
took it another way then I am sorry but I won't apologize for directing it
where I did because I meant it as fun.

(mildly curious why a 5 or 6 message thread in off-topic
is pointed out
instead of some of the many (often more clearly
mis-placed) threads in the
on topic groups...)

Because I do not like seeing debate material outside where
it belongs, among others.

Again I didn't think it was debate material.  I meant it like James took it, as
Fun Mocking.

Eric Kingsley