 Off-Topic / Fun / 6659
6658  |  6660
Subject:
The King is Dead! Long Live Biohazard!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:16:00 GMT

It looks like I accurately predicted the winners for both the light and
heavy weight divisions for BattleBots Vegas '00. (I screwed up on the
winners of the lightweight semis, though.) My predictions for the
middleweights still stand, but here are my predicitions on the super
heavyweights:

Semi Finals:
War Machine vs. Dissector:
Dissector will have a hard time grabbing War Machine, and it's hammers are
pretty much useless anyway. I predict that War Machine will win with barely
a scratch, unless box hazards come into play...

Revision Z vs. Atomic Wedgie:
Atomic Wedgie is designed very well... I predict another easy win for it
here. Revision Z can do squat by flipping over Wedgie, and besides, Wedgie
is lower to the ground anyway. (Or so it looks to me)

Finals:
War Machine vs. Atomic Wedgie:
My guess is that this will be a very close fight, probably even a shoving
match. If WM can keep Wedgie from getting at his side, he is pretty much
safe. And if he is lucky, WM might even be able to get his scoop under
Wedgie. However, Wedgie looks to be faster than WM and if he goes for the
side and manages to flip WM, it'll be all over. I say this will be an
extremely close call, but I believe that War Machine will triumph. 10
independently driven wheels has lots of power...