 Off-Topic / Fun / 6592
6591  |  6593
Subject:
Predictions on BattleBots Semi Finals and Finals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:50:08 GMT

This is message is for any other Bot Heads out there besides myself. I know
there has to be some of you out there, after all, there are about a dozen
actual bot builders who have posted to LUGNET before.

*Lightweights*
Semi Finals:
Backlash vs. Toe Crusher:
The opening of the show practiacally gives this fight away when it shows Toe
Crusher hauling Backlash around the arena.
My projected winner: Toe Crusher.

Beta Raptor vs. Ziggo:
No real question here either. I fully expect Ziggo to dominate.
My projected winner: Ziggo.

Finals:
Toe Crusher vs. Ziggo:
I really have no idea.. Cristian Carlberg is known for his high quality
robots, but I don't know how well it will be able to stand up against Ziggo.
My projected winner: Ziggo.

*Middleweights*
Semi Finals:
El Diablo vs. The Master:
Even though I am an El Diablo fan, I will say that I think they have been a
little too lucky so far.
My projected winner: The Master

Bad Attitude vs. Spaz:
No question here. I don't really think that SPAZ is that good. He hasn't
gone against many tough robots.
My projected winner: Bad Attitude

Finals:
The Master vs. Bad Attitude:
Even though The Master is an awesomely built machine, I am counting for a
huge upset like with what happened to Deadblow..
My projected winner: Bad Attitude

*Heavyweights*
Semi Finals:
FrenZy vs. Biohazard:
This will be a quick fight.
My projected winner: Biohazard

Voltronic vs. Vlad the Impaler:
I have a huge respect for Gage Couchois, but he his winning streak needs to
end. But I predict he'll have just one more win here.
My projected winner: Vlad the Impaler

Finals:
Biohazard vs. Vlad the Impaler:
Vlad will finally be dethroned in this bout. Biohazard has beaten him before.
My projected winner: Biohazard

*Super Heavyweights*
I forget who's fighting who here... as well as the fourth robot (War
Machine, Atomic Wedgie, Dissector, who else?) But I have a feeling Atomic
Wedgie will eke out a win overall.