 Off-Topic / Fun / 6482
6481  |  6483
Subject:
Finally! In Cinemas! The LOTR preview!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:23:29 GMT

O' Mighty Tolkien!, who can stand in thy counsels?

I realize that everyone has no doubt seen the previews on the web, but, alas, I
had not.  I was saving myself for the cinema experience.  Finally, it came...

I saw the first preview for LOFR last night (and I fortunately didn't have to
again sit through Meet Joe Black to see it), and I think that we are in for
something great.  Star Wars Episode II?  Hah!  But a mere footnote in 2002 to
The Two Towers.

For those Tolkien fans amongst us, the preview started with the ring spinning in
a red background as the One Ring poem was recited.  Then we saw an Orc host
marching over a hill.  Incredible.  Cut to Gandalf and the Hobbits, cut to
Galadriel speaking to Frodo, brief milli-second shot of a dark-haired beauty
reclining (Could it be Eowyn?), cut to shot of the 9 traversing a snow-covered
mountain pass, and then a shot of the 9 cresting, in turn, the brow of a
mountain ridge.  Outstanding.  We have 3 1/2 years to anticipate and revel in
the greatness.  December, 2001?  I'm getting in line this Thanksgiving.

james