 Off-Topic / Fun / 6461
    Re: My Gun Control Rant —Dave Schuler
   (...) Are they actually called jackboots? That is, I can't imagine walking into the shoestore and saying "I'd like to buy some boots with a lot of historical context--give me some jackboots." Or is there a more "official" name? Dave! (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: My Gun Control Rant —James Brown
   (...) I've never heard them called anything else. I would imagine that the specific type of jackboots worn by the German SS has a specific name (in German), but I have no idea what it is. A quick (not very picky) search on the internet got me (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)