 Off-Topic / Fun / 6103
Re: Names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 20:24:10 GMT

Way to go Eric!!!

Now Todd has to modify the Terms of Use. :-)

Would he be allowed to get a domain with his new legal name in it and not have
TLC lawyers breathing down his neck? i.e. www.legolandwindsor.net

What would people call him? Legoland or just Lego for short.

My name is Windsor, Legoland Windsor.

Jude

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Eric Joslin writes:
If the guy in England who changed his name legally to "Legoland Windsor" were
to sign up for Lugnet Membership, would he be allowed to post as Legoland
Windsor?

If he actively wanted to avoid confusion, and as such wanted to post using his
former name (which is now not his real name), would he be allowed to?

What if he wanted to post using another name altogether, because he wanted to
avoid confusion, and he didn't want to have to answer questions about changing
his name every time he posted?

I don't know why I was thinking about it, but I was.  Slow day at work, I
guess.

eric