 Off-Topic / Fun / 5852
5851  |  5853
Subject:
Boredom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 16:50:11 GMT

This day is soooooooooo long. So I thought I would write this post to brighten
it up.

The weather outside is beautiful, but alas, I am stuck inside two floors
underground.:-( We have a little work to do but it is not exciting at all. I
have spent the morning playing jokes on my co-workers. One of whom is getting
her phone relocated from another floor. I keep calling her and hanging up
before she has a chance to see who is calling. Simple, yet effective.

I almost wish I hadn't done Suz's crossword puzzle yesterday so I would have
something to do during lunch. To top it all off Lugnet is going through the
fall silence marked by people returning to school and everyone waiting for the
next years catalog to get the discussions going. Not to say things have been
totally dead, I just don't have much to add to the discussion currently.

I realize I have been very sarcastic in most of my recent posts but that is
mostly a result of this "low volume" time. In a couple of weeks things will
pick up very fast and the days will fly by fast, but it gets more frustrating
until that time comes.

At home I have discovered AIM but here in the office that type of software is a
no-no. So all that I have is the web browser. Hotmail is now a blocked page
here and we have to be careful on the volume of non-business email we have. So
Lugnet is the perfect solution, I think I would go nuts without all of you:-)
That would be a short trip.

This reminds me of a Garfield comic, where he is hanging on the outside of
screen door and says, "I am bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored. I am
bored... I wish something would happen..." Suddenly John opens the screen door
slamming against the wall and yells, "GARFIELD! LUNCH TIME!" Then the next
panel has a tattered Garfield still hanging from the screen door who says, "I
am in pain, pain, pain, pain, pain, pain..."

Well I guess you have to see it to really appreciate the humour.

Would you look at that, with all the babelling lunch is now over. Oh, well back
to the grind...

Jude

Thanks for reading:-)