 Off-Topic / Fun / 5775
Re: Most hated Minifig?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:56:06 GMT

In lugnet.build.minifigs, Tim Courtney writes:

They're awesome minifigs
for what they're intended for, but no substitute for living, breathing ABS.

I find they make wonderful substitutes:  I've got about 15 of them in top
hats,  doing "The 100th Anniversary Performance of 'A Chorus Line',  Starring
the Original Cast!!".

They look pretty nifty in an Arctic parka,  too (although I had to do a bit of
redesign on the snowmobile,  because skeleton shoulders don't allow them to
use handlebars).

Unfortunately,  there wasn't much I could do about the bicycle,  so I wound up
using a 1x1 tile with top clip to have the little guy doing a headstand on the
handlebars.  Goes pretty well with the Battle Droid standing on the seat
(because someone decided to save 1.342 cents by not giving him separate legs.
Grrr...).

You can also add a nice bit of spice to,  say,  a race car driver by replacing
his head with one from a skeleton.  Depending on how the model will be
displayed (i.e.,  whether people will be able to fiddle with it),  you may
find the effect improved by the use of an opaque black visor.

And nothing says "Mardi Gras" quite like a 6437 being driven by a skeleton in
a top hat,  with another wearing an Insectoids jewel as a crown,  riding on
the back and waving to the crowd.

Ran
Skeletons:  they're not just for cemeteries anymore (sm)