 Off-Topic / Fun / 5769
Re: jazzy pun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.pun, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 05:15:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Craig Hamilton writes:

i was listening to mc-partland's "piano jazz" last night on the radio, and
her guest, the talented george shearing threw out this little diddy that i
thought i'd share....

for every pun i shed
i should be punish-ed
to hang my punish head
and hide in a puny shed.

Heh.. I like that one too. It's been credited to at least two sources, one
being Dr. Samuel Johnson, and I forget the other famous guy.

There's at least one other rendering, albeit a bit more extreme yet not too
graphic, and it goes something like this....

I should be punish-ed
For every pun I shed.
Do not leave a puny shred
Of my punnish head.

-Tom McD.
when replying, nine out of ten taste tests prefer spamcake over decomposing
carp entrails on a hot Dallas sidewalk (poll margin of error: 95%)