 Off-Topic / Fun / 546
Re: Where do the old models go when they die?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 15:00:57 GMT

Selçuk Göre writes:
Hmm..Let's look at this way..Every set has "souls"...So just grabbing some
sort of pieces randomly and stucking them each other would not be resulted
in a "set". Bricks are the basic elements of lego beings, and they can only
bacome a lego being (i.e. "set") when carefully arranged and given a "soul"
by the "creator".
I'm glad you more clearly defined "set", I hadn't done that.

There are some flaws in that theory, and the most obvious
one is Town Jr. They are apperantly Lego beings (i.e. "sets") although they
have appereantly no "souls"
*chuckle* It almost seems as if Town is undergoing devolution by that reason :)

There is also another theory. It claims that all the lego pieces may come
together in different combinations randomly (actually as ruled by nature, or
by obeying the rules of nature, so not as randomly, rather just as they
should be) and some combinations  would have more chance to continue >their living among others.
Ah, those wacky rules... :)

So, these "successfull" ones would continue to live and
evolve, hence the more primitives would became elected. This theory has >also
an obvious flaw, which is the case of Town Jr. again. Although they are
extremely primitive, they obviously succeeds their existence.
Hmm. Maybe just to later become building blocks for MOC's? Ultimately they
rule, IMO, because if I really, really like something that I designed and
built, no official set or MOC in the world, made or unmade as yet, is going to
make me take it apart. Though moving to Spain might make me do it :) But even
in that case, the MOC isn't truly dead.

(Didn't  you know all the roads goes to ..uhm..off-topic.debate?..:-D
Yep. You never said a truer word there, Dr. Göre... I was there yesterday
probably scaring/boring everyone away :)

From Tom McDonald
Anti-spam block in place.
http://mbr-hobby.neotown.com/radiotitan/lego/lego.html
radiotitan@SpamThisjuno.com