 Off-Topic / Fun / 5425
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 15:06:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Matthew Miller writes:
James J. Trobaugh <thinice@avana.net> wrote:
- make sure it's close enough to the T that you don't have to worry about x
- etc. etc.
I might have missed something here in all the 300+ post, but what is "the T"
and "x"?

The T is the subway/trolley system in Boston. It's also the busses, but when
people say "the T", they almost always mean trains.

I'm not sure exactly what Larry means by "x", but I assume it stands for
"getting there".

"X" means whatever bad could happen to one because one was a long way from the
T and one wasn't that old. That could include "getting there" if one wasn't
"there" yet and didn't want to be, if you known what I mean. <wink wink,
nudge nudge> (this having been redirected to o-t.fun and all, although there's
nothing funny about it)

But mostly I was getting at that, no matter how disclaimed with waivers, there
are things bad that can happen to kids that a club shouldn't be responsible for
which is what I speculate was one of the factors y'all (for James T.'s benefit)
had in mind. Some disagree. But 'tisn't their money on the line after all.

++Lar