 Off-Topic / Fun / 535
Re: Where do the old models go when they die?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:52:04 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:

Where does a model go after you take it apart?

Clearly a troll, but I'm on vacation, so here goes.

There is no model afterlife. A model exists for only as long as forces
external to it, which it cannot control, suffer it to. Once disassembled
it exists only in the memory of those that experienced it.

Now, unfortunately for models and minifigs, their world is one in which
logic does not exist much. The forces that created their constituent
parts are as much a mystery to them as the forces that created
elementary particles are to the man on the street. Who is their creator?
KKK, who caused their pieces to come into existance? Or LOP, who built
them from the set boxes and parts bins?

I must say, were I a minifig, I'd rather live with me than most anyone
else, as I tend not to take things apart again, and I design rather
spacious vehicles and buildings. But I have hundreds of figs just
stuffed in one single shoebox bin so maybe not. Hope no one in there has
smelly feet.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.