 Off-Topic / Fun / 4552
Re: what do these MOW vehicles do?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 23:48:38 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <38B45798.EA057F62@voyager.net>...
Frank Filz wrote:

Darn larry, you're hard to beat sometimes... but I came through with a
workable URL quicker...

??

I believe my second post in reply to bendy's is timestamped one minute
ahead of yours... which is why it sorts in front. We both found the same
rental equipment page.

Ah, but you notice the message numbers. Remember that the time stamp comes
from your machine.

Yes, anyone can forge time, but message numbers are something I choose
not to reveal whether I can mainipulate or not.

The other day when I posted a "fixed" post to one of the
broken references posts, I had copied my intended post complete with
timestamp and e-mailed it to work. The next day, I telneted into Lugnet's
news server and manually submitted the post, which then showed up with the
time stamp from the night before. Of course a regular example is Jonathan
Wilson's posts. He must have his timezone set to GMT or something, he's
always posting way into the future.

It is interesting that we both found the same rental page. How did you find
it? I used Alta Vista and it was the 2nd entry which looked promising (I
also posted the 1st entry, and left it in the post because it looked real
interesting also).

I used Alta Vista too. Same result. The reason you beat me was because I
wasted time going to Yahoo and I came up dry.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!