 Off-Topic / Fun / 443
Re: A stupid DOS question.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:58:46 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote:
Ultima Online can be played on Linux?  Or do the servers run on Linux?
I wasn't aware that they sold (or provided along with the wintel) a
Linux version.

There's actually a linux client. It's pretty new, so I haven't actually
checked it out -- I subscribed this summer, but dropped it because I have an
actual life. :)

Check this out: ftp://leper.owo.com/pub/uo/uoclient.tgz

Speaking of other OS's, though, I just installed BeOS 3.1 on one of
our Macs today.  Would have put it on the G3 but there is no BeOS for

Yeah, I've seen Be on intel. Really nice.
the G3 because Apple won't release info the Be guys need to make it
work on them.  So I had to put it on the 8600/200.  Runs pretty well,
I must say, in 128 megs.  Networking was a snap to setup - almost as
easy as the MacOS side.  I'll wait for the version 4 CD to arrive
before I bother putting it on a PC, but I think I'll give it a shot
there too.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide