 Off-Topic / Fun / 402
Re: A stupid DOS question.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 16:57:01 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:
IBM's PC DOS version 6.3....
PC-DOS?!? 6.3 ?!?!
Ewwww.
There. Now that that's off my chest: Just get a set of 6.22s -

Didn't PC-DOS have a bunch of really cool features that MS-DOS never
had, such as reliable task-switching and reliable disk compression,
among other things?

I'm always looking out for good replacements for MS-DOS, from the 4DOS
replacement command shell to something like Caldera's Open DOS.  I'm not
jumping on the anti-MS bandwagon, but I'm not a cheerleader for MS'
products, either.

Cheers,
- jsproat