 Off-Topic / Fun / 3959
Re: Too old to buy lego (was: Re: Do you like monorails?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 15:04:19 GMT

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:20:57 GMT, "Shiri" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Tobias Möller writes:

I think I would have said the same thing. I often buy lego and when they ask
me if I want it wrapped in paper, I say no. Then they look strange at me,
but don´t say anything (I´m 14, so I still can buy lego without people
commenting me).

Actually, I think that's the probably the "worst" age to do it in that
regard. Not that I've personally ever particularly cared what people
thought, or noticed, but that age group is right slap-dang in the
"too-old-to-buy-for-himself,-too-young-to-buy-for-his-and-his-siblings'-kids"
age group.

What I find weird is that people actually _want_ to have the store
wrap thingsa up for them. Excepting fairly upscale stores, store
giftwrapping usually involves the company logo on the packing paper.

Yick.

Jasper