 Off-Topic / Fun / 3811
Re: My ReVUE: 6520
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 03:20:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Will Middelaer writes:
In lugnet.reviews, Mark Herzberg writes

Background:

The day started out great. My wife has been • begging me for a blue 540i
station wagon, so I decided I would surprise her • with one on the 25th.

(Now for the reason I wanted to put this in • off-topic.fun also.)

Let me see if I've got this right ;-), your wife
wanted the 540i?

Well, actually, she said a BMW station wagon. She
could have meant a 323i or a 528i, but I am just
assuming she meant the 540i. :-)

(If I could
I would capitalize the "40" part of the 540.) • That car reminds me a bit of
when car and driver put the features of an AMG • Hammer in a Mercedes E-Class
W124 wagon.  Something about being able to run • errands and buy groceries at
light speed..

We have always liked fast wagons. Four years ago
or so, I surprised her with a banana yellow (it
came in only two colours, and black is unbearable
in Miami) 850 T5-R. Now that was one fast grocery
getting, kid hauling, errand running box on
wheels. I loved that car. After that she joined
the SUV craze (and so did I), but she is back into
real cars.