 Off-Topic / Fun / 3452
Re: Age average
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:30:16 GMT

In lugnet.people, Eric Kingsley writes:
It is really facinating to think that we will be able to say things like this
to our kids.  Things like.

"I remember when we didn't have home computers"
I remember that.  When I was in the 4th grade, my grandmother got one to help
do our family Genealogy.  I helped her learn DOS 2.11 and started learning to
program in BASIC from the programs printed in 3-2-1 Contact magazine.

"I remember when we didn't have cable TV"
Nope.  Well, not until college when we got an apartment off-campus.  Oh, unless
DSS doesn't count as cable.  Maybe I'll be saying "I remember when cable meant
TV channels, not faster Internet access".

"I remember when we didn't have a Microwave oven"
Nope.  As far I can remember, we've had a Microwave and a VCR (left off of your
list) since forever.  I still have the family's first VCR (I get asked if it's
BETA all the time, but it's top loading VHS).

"I remember when we used to read books made out of paper"  :-)
Vaguely. :)  But, about 99% of my news comes electronically now.

I'm 22, and I didn't feel so young before now. I guess I need to come up with
my own list for my kids. :)

"I remember when LEGO made bricks"
Ben Roller