 Off-Topic / Fun / 3424
Re: Age average
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 08:19:31 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Mr L F Braun wrote:

Ugh.  I'm 28.  I remember seeing Gerald Ford as a child.

How'd you work THAT trick? Gerald Ford was a child in the 1920s, I
think.

Smoke and mirrors, my good man, smoke and mirrors.  Everything that
might possibly be somewhat vague or like a vague thing could
theoretically depend or correlate with obfuscatory discursive
constructions and the performative utterances of empowered agents of
ambiguity.

Or something like that.

LFB.

PS:  Actually, since Jerry Ford's from Michigan (as you surely know ;)
), I know that I've seen pictures of the Boy Gerald (but not necessarily
Culture Club) in this or that or the other publication.  I just don't
recall if I saw any when I was young, but if we take the sentence in
that sense, I'm no longer required to be young to render it true.  So
either way, the statement's technically correct (although this way it
would really be a non-sequitur).