 Off-Topic / Fun / 3412
Re: Lego vs. Pokemon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:03:57 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.promo, Frank Filz writes:
Sproaticus wrote:

Kya Morden wrote:
I dunno, I put Pokemon in almost the same boat as Sanrio/Hello Kitty,
which is still around.
[...]  I think it'll be around with us for a long time,

Two words:  Beanie Babies.  *That* market dried up; Pokemon took its • place...

Three word? Pokemon Beanie Babies...

Nnnoooooooo...

I think we should all put our heads together and come up with the next fad that
will take over when Pokemon is on the down turn.

Teenintendo Age Pokemario Beanie Pocket Rangers.  Then again, I'm not in marketing
either;-)

-John

It would serve 2 purposes.

1.  Finance our LEGO habits.
2.  Keep kids buying silly toys instead of LEGO leaving more for us.

Eric

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/