 Off-Topic / Fun / 3162
3161  |  3163
Subject:
Beeper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 15:02:47 GMT

Ahhhhh, sometimes the news media should be doing stand-up humor.  A 7.0
earthquake rattles all of Southern California and even out into Arizona.  This
is followed by everyone on the freeways cowering, not out of fearof collapsed
bridges, but for the tidal wave....of reporters descending on Cal Tech to get
the seismologists direct.

"So, how do you get word of these events?  Do you have a beeper?" they ask
(this is at 3:00 in the morning, you have to understand).

I'm not sure what the answer was, because my wife and I were laughing so hard.

Bruce