 Off-Topic / Fun / 3053
Re: That Homecoming Thing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 00:17:05 GMT

Greg Majewski wrote:
Anyway, back on topic, homecoming as I know it is a chance for the really
popular people to go and get crowned king and queen, while their really
popular friends on the "court" watch and get mad at them.

Oh right, right, the King and Queen.  I always forget the King and Queen.

This all happens on
Saturday. Friday is the day of the big game, and it is always fixed so that
the team playes the same team every year. That way, we can go out and
vandalize their signature, whatever it may be.

This sponsored by a school system that's trying to tone down school violence
and gang membership?  Jeez, we're a schitzoid society.

Even though they (Dublin) know that we will paint their 'rock every year, • they
got mad for some reason and spray painted a big green shamrock on our
stadium's brand new $15,000 scoreboard last year [...]

LOL - Well, gee, I wonder why!

Maybe this is all some huge psych experiment in tribal behavior gone terribly
wrong, or a runaway practical joke like baseball.

Cheers,
- jsproat

[redirected to .off-topic.fun ]

"I've spent the past few years building up an immunity to bullets."
- Angus McGuire