 Off-Topic / Fun / 2790
2789  |  2791
Subject:
The Iron Giant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 20:54:53 GMT

I just saw The Iron Giant last night(I really regret not going earlier), and it
is a fantastic film!  Not only does it beat all other animated releases(1) of
the past five years, I'd have to say it is the best film of the year!  It has
equal appeal to children and adults(2), and it is a terrible shame something
this good can do so poorly at the box office.  This is not your standard
"Disney" animated movie: there are no annoying musical segments, characters are
very well developed, and the art quality is the highest I've seen in any
American animated film.  If you haven't seen it, go see it!  Kids are not
required!  :)
This film(along with its wonderful instrumental soundtrack) have a guaranteed
place in my permanent collection; I give it 5/5 stars.

Jeff

P.S.  It is already #134 on IMDb's top 250 films and 97% of online reviews have
been good.  :)

1 - American releases.  Although, I'd have to say it beats many Anime films
I've seen.  And that is *very* high praise, coming from me.

2 - I went to see it with my father, who agreed with me that this is a
wonderful film and an instant classic.