 Off-Topic / Fun / 2449
2448  |  2450
Subject:
Another Hidden Program in a MicroSoft Product.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 15:24:45 GMT

I don't know if any of you have seen this yet but there is another hidden
program within a Microsoft product.  This does work I tried it myself.

I guess Bill just can't keep those programmers busy enough.  :)

Eric

".jawaspam" has a half-life of about 1 1/2 billion par-secs.

If you have Excel '97 follow the directions below.  This actually does
works.  Press "esc" to end.

Ever wondered why Microsoft applications seem to become slower and fatter
with each new release?  Apparently the constant rain in Redmond has
driven Bill Gates' engineers to obsessive flights of fancy.   Below you'll
find instructions on how to access a little flight simulator that was
inexplicably hidden by precipitation-maddened programmers deep inside Excel
97.

Read ALL the instructions below prior to opening the hidden program:

Open Excel 97
Open a blank worksheet
Press F5
Type X97:L97 in the "Reference" box
Click OK
Hit the tab key once (you should end up in cell M97)
Hold down the CTRL+SHIFT and click once on the chart wizard icon
(the one at the top with the blue-yellow-red bar chart)

Welcome aboard! After a few moments you should be flying.  Steer with the
mouse, accelerate and decelerate with the left and right mouse buttons
respectively and look for the monoliths with the programmer credits.

Enjoy the flight.

Exit by pressing ESC or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.

         Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
         the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.