 Off-Topic / Fun / 1801
1800  |  1802
Subject:
New Islands of Advenure Theme Park
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 01:40:02 GMT

I went to the new Islands of Adventure theme park (which officially opened
today) last weekend during the preview. I'm a fan of theme parks, but only
Disnye, Universal, and LEGOLand ones. If you are eever in Orlando, go to the
LIC and then forget about Disney, this park is outstanding! Totally
incredible. Start off with Seuss Landing, based on the classic characters. Cat
in the Hat: Ride Inside was a very fun ride, but be warned, it really jerks
you. Theres also One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, Mr Monkey McBean's
Very Unusual Driving Machine, and Car-Suess-El, as well as I Ran the Zoo, and
even the Green Eggs and Han Cafe. Kids will love this area. Then there is th
Lost Continet. Posiden's Fury: Escape from the Lost City. The water vortex
where you walk through water is incredible. Plus there is the Eighth Voyage of
Sinbad and the Dueling Dragons coasters, two coasters (Red Hot and Ice Blue)
that head towards each other only turning within inches. Then there is
Jurrasic Park, the River Adventure is tons of fun, and so if everythign else
(they even recreated the Discovery Centre from the movie). You get soaked at
Toon Lagoon. While on the big drop on Dudley Doo Rights Ripsaw Falls, I felt
like I was going to fall out (which, I hear, is the point) and the drop ends
under water only to shoot you up. Popeye was the best water rapid ride I've
ever been on. At Marvel Super Hero Island the Spiderman ride is the best ride
I've ever ridden. I won't ruin the surprise, but think of a 3D show combined
with a simulatour ride, combined with a regular ride (a dark ride like the
Haunted House)and a freefall ride. The Hulk and Dr. Doom were to excellent
thrill rides. If you are ever in Orlando, you have to go here first. Sadly,
the park closes at 7PM, but that just give you more time to go to the LIC
(which closes at 11PM) :-). If you have little kids, though, they won't enjoy
it as much as older kids. Of the eleven rides, nine have height or age
restrictions. There are places for little kids, though, but this park is
strictly aimed at teenagers and adults.