 Off-Topic / Fun / 1371
  This is awful

This isn't really .fun, but it is off-topic (but related to what's going on in lugnet.cad.dev). I just stumbled across a web page advertising domains for sale. Apparently, some scum has snagged a bunch of domain names, and is trying to scalp them (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: This is awful

(...) The sad part is that I wanted dss.org for myself. Um, for "Digital Scum Suckers". Yeah, that's the ticket. :-P Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: This is awful

Don't sweat it. This is one scam that won't work. interNIC will yank their registration and give it to the organization that should rightly have it. All that organization has to do is ask. If they have been using the initials for some time it will (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: This is awful

Nice(?) try but I think won't work. As far as I know, the domain names containing your company's known trademarks and/or registered marks, are naturally yours. These scums must prove that "dss" name is their own property, for example, if someone (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: This is awful

Doesn't that assume that the 'deserving' organization knows to ask? Sort of like selling Star Wars sets on eBay: it works as long as there are ignorant suckers. Steve (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: This is awful

(...) Yes, that's true, but if the organization surfs to interNIC to look up the proposed domain name, it's pretty obvious what interNIC policy on name homesteading is. Agree with the original post that it's sad and lame, though. (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)