 Off-Topic / Fun / 11348
Re: malicious behavior
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 21:59:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal wrote:

   Now this part I don’t get:

“The JLUG is a group of Lego enthusiast that are not geographically centred but certainly work together through online communication. After joking around for awhile it started making sense to have a group that could participate online. Especially for those unable to attend regular Lug meetings due to distance or other factors or for those that just can’t seem to join enough LUGs.”

I assume this joking around was ONLINE already, so I don’t quite understand why another forum was needed (unless it was a different TYPE of forum, one where smack was encouraged, no holds barred; that type of thing)

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Before my time. Ross is the man to ask about that. I don’t particularly care.

   I’m not saying he shouldn’t, but he’s made his point, and is now merely repeating it ad nauseum. But I see that sort of shenanigans is perfectly ok with you. Isn’t it great that Lugnet’s big enough for such a diverse community?

I don’t see his posts as intentionally mischievous at all. But then, I think I’ve gotten to “know” Dave over the years to know if they were.

Are you saying he’s being accidentally mischievous?

No. You seem to think he’s being intentionally mischievous. I don’t see them as an example of mischief at all.

I never said it was. ‘Shenanigans’ is just a turn of phrase. He seems quite sincere, and verbose.

   For instance, I read the manner in which e posts, and all I can do is shake my head. All I come up with is koo-koo over cocoa puffs.

Me too. And sometimes (not every time as some seem to think) I respond with wry humour and sarcasm.

   That’s how it comes off to me, anyway. But I was wrong about your last intent. We seem to only relate under adversarial circumstances. Pity.

You chose to butt in with the adversarial stuff. I figured you liked it that way. :shrug:

Adversarial is the wrong word (on my part). I “butt in” to let you know that Dave wasn’t being intentionally mischievous as you suggested. You’ve got that wrong. My intentions are always to clarify and understand, not engage in debate for its own sake.

Yep. Pretty clear