 Off-Topic / Fun / 11132
11131  |  11133
Subject:
Come-uppance! (was Re: I just cancelled my AOL service)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:39:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler wrote:
   And to do so, I had to tell them no fewer than eleven times that I wanted to terminate service immediately, effective today. I made a note of each time I stated this, and I wound up with eleven.

Additionally, I now have to donate three human kidneys (at least one of them my own), I must pen an original play in Koine Greek, and I must provide two mathematical proofs showing that nine is equal to burgundy.

Holy moley, what a hassle. I told them that I wanted to get off the Internet for a while, so they offered to suspend service, giving me the option to call before July 14 to verify termination at that time. “Happy Bastille Day,” I said, “but I’m formally requesting termination with this phone call.”

Round and round we went. Finally I had to get uncivil and request an audience with the phone-rep’s supervisor, at which time the rep reluctantly deigned to fulfill my termination request.

I have a confirmation number; now the trick is to see whether or not they “accidentally” debit my account on July 14.

Ooooh! That irritates me. You know those myriad customers in the AOL commercials? There are so many of them because none of them have been able to disconnect service.

Woo-hoo! And I thought I was the only one who’d had this problem. 8^)

Dave!