 Off-Topic / Fun / 10954
Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:55:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:

Hey .spacers, I think the best way to look at this is as a parallel universe (this is Space after all), or see classic-space.com as a new satellite with Lugnet as the home planet; it’s still the hub.

That’s certainly a nice idealistic way of looking at it....

The point is that clearly there was enough interest to create the site, so let it be, join or don’t, but give it a chance. I encourage you all to check it out.

I’m inclined to say the more, the merrier. I don’t see myself posting here less as a result of posting there.

Unfortunately the vast majority ARE posting less here. Way, way, WAY less. I guess most spacers really did want different forum software and rules that badly. I have to say it is a lot easier to scan the threads at the new CSF. I worry about the idea of moderating on MOC quality, though (we’ll just have to see what happens... it’s not like the moderation is going to stop fights! Yeah right).

Does checking BrickFrenzy fragment your .space experience? Are Cerebrum Inc and Zemi.net divisive? Does Fleebnork.com sap your energy for Lugnet? Can’t view PCS for fear of missing something here?

Have another bookmark; they’re small. And, revel in the vastness that is .space

Unfortunately some people don’t actually want to spend five hours of the evening in front of the computer instead of building; don’t want to bother mucking around posting similar messages to multiple different forums (heck, I’m so lazy I have trouble posting to one); and most of all, don’t want to have to trawl through a forums with duplicate content to find interesting non-duplicate content that they might have otherwise missed. And you know, the vast difference in traffic that has already sprung up seems to suggest that a lot of people feel this way. They choose one or the other.

P.s. I put this in .space as well but left the followup to .fun, thinking that it may be .space relevant.

Still having trouble spotting the fun in the situation... *shrug* Oh well. It’s evolution I guess. I was upset at first, but I think I’ve gotten over it... I guess I’ll head on over there pretty soon.

Au revoir!

Cheers,