 Off-Topic / Fun / 10302
a poem: in-laws, go home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 22:33:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Here I sit, in my biology lab like a proud little scientist gnome

but the reason I'm here, I'm afraid to say, is because I don't want to go home.

My wife invited her parents up, and they obliged as they were inclined

and as the days pass with each new repast, I'm slowly losing my mind.

Oh what I'd give to go out with the guys, play some pool, and down a few beers

and it feels like the last time I built something cool has been a number of
years.

So I guess I should look forward to dinner and talk that will happen with
in-laws tonight

where my father in-law will kindly remind me how I can't do anything right.

Most days of the year I feel quite accompished and proud of the man I've become.

but lucky for me, the in-laws are here to remind me I'm really quite dumb.

Humiliation, shame, and emasculation will be my companions today.

Cause I won't be a man (or at least feel like one) til the in-laws are
driving away.

Felix Greco
http://www.lugnet.com/~94