 Off-Topic / Debate / 9966
Re: Geology from Outer Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 01:51:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ryan Farrington writes:
Dave! wrote:
...did the people in Sumer really
feel the waters of the Black Sea rising around them?  I know you're not
suggesting that they did, but I'm concerned that the more literal-minded
might use the Black Sea inundation as proof of a world-wide flood.

Here's my literal-mined response:  :-)
I liked the way James put it: "This of course doesn't prove anything in
itself, but it is interesting that the scientific community is beginning to
lend credence to the possibility of a catastrophic flood of some nature that
had a marked impact on a focus point of developing civilization."

One might draw a distinction, however, between "had a marked impact on a
focus point of developing civilization" and "killed everything but those few
animals that one guy could stuff into an apparently Tardis-like ark."

Oh, come, come now. They didn't really mean that every SPECIES of animal
went in the ark. Just every KIND. So there was plenty of room. And the kinds
must have quick-evolved back into all the species... er, oops, I said a
naughty word. There IS no evolution. The bible says so right here on page...
er, oops, well it doesn't actually SAY that, we just INTERPRET it to say
that. Er, oops, I said a naughty word, interpret. We shouldn't be
interpreting the bible, we need to take it literally. Oops, but it was
written by imperfect man... oops oops oops!

Bother.

You are lost in a maze of twisty little contradictions, all alike.
? get bible
I see no bible here.
You are lost in a maze of little twisty contradictions, all alike.
? U
You cannot go up here.
You are lost in a maze of contradictions, little and twisty, all alike.
? D
You cannot go down here.
You are lost in a little maze of twisty contradictions, all alike.
? look
You are lost in a twisty maze of little contradictions, all alike.
? get clue
I see no clue here.
You are lost in a maze of twisty little contradictions, all different!
? help
There is no help for you.
A dwarf with an ax appears
? quit
You cannot quit this life.
A dwarf with an ax appears
?

Anyone remember the cheat codes for ADVENT?

++Lar