 Off-Topic / Debate / 9884
Re: Robert gets to invalidate logic (was Re: Science and beliefs (was Re: Alien races))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 04:49:29 GMT

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001 04:17:45 GMT, "Bruce Schlickbernd"
<corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote:

Ahh, but that's only your interpretation of it, remember, I'm an
experienced social engineer.  Given that you really can't say what I
really mean or think.

More sophistries.  And yes, I can say it (there it is above).  Not only
that, I'm right.

Let's keep you thinking that way, shall we?

That's a pretty pathetic comeback.

Well your lame was pretty pathetic.  You shouldn't expect any more
than you're willing to give out yourself.

I thought you said you are clever - I'd
figure you'd use something good for a stock phrase.  I'm not impressed.

I think maybe I missed a meeting, I didn't know we were flaming
against one another.  If that was the case I probably would have given
out a classic like, "I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are.
I mean rock-hard stupid.  Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid.  Stupid, so
stupid it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different
dimension of stupid.  You are trans-stupid stupid.  Meta-stupid.
Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have
collapsed.  Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape.
Singularity stupid.  Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid.
You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a
year.  Quasar stupid.  Nothing in our universe can really be this
stupid.  Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original
big bang of stupid.  Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated
by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know."

That's not to say I'm trying to manipulate
anybody, it just means I'm trying to control the way the debate
unfolds.

You failed in your stated purpose. It seems you aren't as clever as you like
to think you are.

I like how you say I failed in my stated purpose, but then fail to
explain why.  Not that it's any real surprise.

Oh, I'm sorry - you keep telling me how clever you are.  I thought you could
figure it out.  Here's a box of cookies while you think on it.  Run along,
junior.

Is there no floor to your intelligence?

In these debates I'm often times looking for specific
emotions and feelings, that way I can better understand my opponents
position.

Sometimes known as jerking people around.  What's the point when you are
being so transparent about it?  The only person you are fooling is yourself.

If you say so.

Oh no, let's not take my word on it - anyone fooled by Robert's claim that,
"...I have no problems in letting you believe I'm wrong and you're right"?
Anyone actually believe his claim?  See way up at the top or go back a few
messages.

See.  I'm a fair guy.

I understand your need to dislike me and to think you've somehow
proven me wrong, who am I to deny you that anamilistic urge?

As I said before, I'm a Nihilist, so I don't really have an
absolute opinion on anything, in either case.  I could just as well be
arguing the other side of the issue tomorrow, and I probably will.

So you'll be admitting that you were being a fraud tomorrow?  Oh, how
condescending of you.  :-)

No, not at all.

So you won't be arguing the other side?  What a surprise!  Don't play poker
if your bluffs can be called so easily.

Oh dang, looks like ya got me again, Cheif.  Man yer a lot better at
this than I am, huh?

When I take a side I try to argue and debate it as if
I do truly believe in it.

No, you are just afraid to really take a position.  You really are very
transparent.

Well I suppose that's better than being as thick headed as you, huh?

I'm not a fraud, I just don't have a set of
beliefs that are written in stone.

But that means you don't believe the above - or you just lied.

Tell me, would you describe yourself more as a process or a function?

I try to redefine my beliefs and
understanding through debating.

Why?  To set your non-existent beliefs in stone?  Or do you just get off on
jerking people around?

I don't have an attitude problem.  You have a perception problem.

However the best way I've found to do
that is to argue against the side I'm actually in agreement with.

Sounds like intellectual masturbation.

Most fortune cookies I've received haven't been half as insightful,
thank you!!!

Robert